Toffee apple muffins
2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
80g/2¾oz caster sugar
240ml/8½fl oz milk
100g/3½oz butter, melted
300g/10½oz plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 eating apples, peeled, cored, finely chopped
200g/7oz shop-bought toffee pieces
I made these muffins for a bonfire night party and they went down a treat. The toffee stays soft and gooey which makes them even more delicious. They are so easy to make and would definitely recommend. I doubled the recipe as I wanted the muffins to be quite big.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/380F/Gas 5 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, milk and melted butter in a large bowl. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into the bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Add the chopped apple and lightly mix.
- Using half of the mixture, quarter-fill each of the muffin cases with the mixture and top with a few pieces of toffee. If you use too much toffee it will spill out of the muffin. Cover with the remaining filling so the cases are half full.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until well risen and golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cold.