Quick and easy chicken curry
This is a really quick and yummy chicken curry recipe. You can add almost anything to it to give it variety – try different veg you may have in the fride or a different curry sauce for an extra kick. This recipe made curry for 2 with leftovers for my lunch the next day, which I had with a jacket potato 🙂
1 onion chopped
1 green chilli chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 green pepper, sliced into medium chunks
2 tbsp curry paste – I used tikka pasta but you can use anything
Carton of chopped tomatoes
2 chicken breasts
4 tbsp yogurt
Garam Masala (optional)
Naan bread – I used coriander and garlic flavoured bread to give even more flavour
- Heat a little oil in a deep non-stick frying pan (with a lid) and add the onion.
- Fry for about 3 minutes until tender then stir in the chilli, garlic and pepper, after a few minutes add the curry paste.
- Fry for another minute and then add in chicken, tomatoes and a splash of water – I filled up the carton to a quarter so I could get all the remaining juices.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Stir in the yoghurt. Season with pepper and garam masala.
- Serve with rice, naan bread or a salad or all three!